Chaptor One Forum Index Chaptor One
Welcome To The Chaptor One Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Computer wouldn't boot up.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
][c1][Gimp

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Computer wouldn't boot up. Reply with quote

Hi all,
I just solved a problem with my Mac G5, one that could happen to a PC as well. Over the last four years I have just used my computer and played my games, no maintenance at all. Eventually I was having periodical boot up problems, then it finally stopped booting up. At first I changed the system battery, and a bit of cleaning out the dust bunnies. Still didn't boot up. The G5 has a flashing light that will give you repetitive flashes to let you know what the problem is, example, 2 flashes, no Ram installed. Mine would only flash once every 10 seconds, which I now know means can't complete the boot up process. After buying a can of air spray I really cleaned the inside , including the 6 or so fans I have. Still wouldn't boot up. Going on line to the Mac Help site gave me a clue. I took out both my ram chips and blew the sockets clean, After re-installing the ram, viola, she booted up. I guess the dust and corrosion on the brass connections of the ram chips need to be cleaned every once and a while, the whole computer probably. Just thought I would pass this on in case someone else has the same problem.
Gimp

YOU BE GIMPERISED
][c1][toe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good tip Gimp all motherboards have a error code with beeps if you have a speaker plugged in the mb. Agp cards pop out all the time if they don't get seated good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chaptor One Forum Index -> Computer Help All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: