Chaptor One Forum Index Chaptor One
Welcome To The Chaptor One Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2k4 Invasion M/H
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Chaptor One Forum Index -> 2k4 Forums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
][c1][Gimp

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: 2k4 Invasion M/H Reply with quote

Hey folks,
You should try Gab's Invasion M/H, it's a blast and has lots of action. I actually prefer to play 2k4 M/H than the regular M/H. Lots of different maps tp play also.
Gimp

YOU BE GIMPERISED
Maggot

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is fun, good for a change once in a while. I seem to remember seeing there was supposed to be a MH mod for 2K4 like the UT version. I'll look into it and let Gab know if I find anything.
Feir

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried the 2k4 Invasion, which isnt MH. Its the Monsters from Unreal with slightly upgraded mesh/skins. All spawning into an arena.

MH is actuall LEVELS. essentially Co-Op LEVELS. Not, ooh lets circle the arena spamming bullets at randomly spawning monsters.

You can tell which I like better.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now this is where I should have started. Feir, if you want to set up a time to play 2k4, I will join you, and I am sure we can get a couple more players.
Gimp

YOU BE GIMPERISED
Feir

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be re-installing 2k4 on my New PC machine that will come to me sometime in September. Thats when I'll try it out.

But honestly, I prefer UT99 over 2kx

2kx is too lumpy, There may be higher poly counts, but the player mesh/skins are a totally noticeable to be more clunky than UT99.

I don't like playing a bunch of Spheres and Bricks and Triangles that are more noticeable than an older game. Also the weapons are far too large, and to me, unbalanced. The last beef i have with 2kx is that its cleaner than UT99, and no i can't really explain it. Ut99 is dirty looking/feel.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Feir,
I think I understand what you are saying, as I have limlted knowledge of the map processes. I do find a different feel to 2k4 than ut99. But I enjoy them both. 2k4 for the machines you get to drive, fly, etc. For these tired eyes, I find the shootem up maps hard to get used to.Ut99 on the other hand is much easier on me to see and play. It will be nice when you get your new computer this fall. Very interesting following up your making the Gimp map. and the differnt stages you go through.Like I said before, you young folks have sure got the talent. Take care.
Gimp

YOU BE GIMPERISED
Feir

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol I have no talent when it comes to map making, as for the gimp map, i have to rebuild it from the ground up, I did a lot of copy and pasting brushes, which is a no-no, and caused some big errors on the map. Plus other minor bugs i found out while test playing the incompleted level. Yes UT99 is also darker than 2k4. and especially with Instagib, it does get to be an eyesore even for young eyes seeing orange flashes on black backgrounds.

Edit: As for Mapping, 2k4 you have meshes which lets a mapper have high detail Maya/3dsStudiomax Graphics and textures with less size (kb-mb) The only problem is Almost all the custom maps i've played, everyone re-uses the base meshes. And many mappers didnt bother making new ones ( Of course who wants to learn all the extra programs to be a great mapper ) And Ut99 mapping Everything is done by adding and subtracting bricks and other shapes, which only allows for a certain level of detail. So yes, 2kx is more detail in mapping, But at the expense of Players/some maps looking far too blocky.

IE: Face remake was nice, Xans Ship (forgot the map name) sucked royally.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info on map making Feir. Never too old to learn something new-LOL.
Gimp

YOU BE GIMPERISED
SamuraiJake

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done some UT2004 mapping, I gotta say once you get the hang of it, you can create some insane stuff. I once tried recreating MH-Nexus using all new meshes, textures, and sounds. And I must say, it turned out to be awesome!

Sadly I lost the map along with my older PC.
][c1][GAB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sadly I lost the map along with my older PC.

Noooooooooooooooooooooo

Chaptor1 MH unreal://24.95.89.25:7777
Chaptor1 MH2 unreal://24.95.89.25:7767
zp|Chaptor1 UT99 instagib mapvote #2 unreal://24.95.89.25:7787
Chaptor1 Bunny Track unreal://24.95.89.25:7757
Chaptor1 MH2GOLD NW3 unreal://24.95.89.25:7227
Chaptor1-Sniper-Deathmatch unreal://24.95.89.25:7747
http://www.chaptorone.net
][c1][Gimp

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's unfortunate Jake. I remember playing on one of your maps, so I was told, and it was great to play.
Gimp

YOU BE GIMPERISED
SamuraiJake

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, I was quite pissed off of the fact that I lost it.

I never planned on releasing it though because no MonsterHunt gametype was ever made for UT2004. It was more of a test to see how decent I can make maps for UT2004 with custom meshes and textures, so it was more of a portfolio thing. Not really meant for playing. Sorry to disappoint, maybe one of these days I can dig it out of the hard drive and show it off.

Or even better, wait till UT3 comes out and remake it on that. Having worked with the Unreal Engine 3 technology I can make some simple stuff with the editor, I'll also add that the editor is 100x better than any of the previous editor builds.
Feir

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, but being realistic, UT3, will you need a team to map?
(to make more than basic low quality maps)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not at all, It just takes a while to make good quality maps. The most overwhelming part is the material editing, detailing the maps are as easy as detailing UT2004 maps.
kimmysawi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feir wrote:
I tried the 2k4 Invasion, which isnt MH. Its the Monsters from Unreal with slightly upgraded mesh/skins. All spawning into an arena.

MH is actuall LEVELS. essentially Co-Op LEVELS. you can now Not, ooh lets circle the arena spamming bullets at randomly spawning monsters.

You can tell which I like better.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Chaptor One Forum Index -> 2k4 Forums All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: